Selected List of Publications below:
1.Smith LA, Oyeku SO, Homer C, Zuckerman B. Sickle Cell Disease: A Question of Equity and Quality. Pediatrics 2006; 117: 1763-1770.
2. Grosse SD, Boulet SL, Amendah D, Oyeku SO. Administrative Datasets and Health Services Research on Hemoglobinopathies. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010; 38(4S) S557-S567
3.Raphael JL, Mueller BU. Mueller, Kowalkowski MA, Oyeku SO, Shorter Hospitalization Trends Among Children with Sickle Cell Disease. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 Oct; 59(4):679-84. Epub 2012 Jan 4.
4. Oyeku SO, Wang CJ, Scoville R, Vanderkruik R, Clermont E, McPherson ME,Adams WG, Homer C. Hemoglobinopathy Learning Collaborative: Using Quality Improvement to Achieve Equity in Healthcare Quality, Coordination, and Outcomes for Sickle Cell Disease. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2012 Aug; 23(3 Suppl):34-48 [Special theme issue of Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved entitled “Evidence for Informing the Next Generation of Quality Improvement Initiatives: Models, Methods, Measures and Outcomes” sponsored by HRSA, NIMHD/NIH]
5. Wang Y,Kennedy J, Caggana M, Zimmerman R, Thomas S, Berninger J, Harris K, Green NS, Oyeku S, Hulihan M, Grant AM, Grosse SD. Sickle Cell Disease Incidence among Newborns in New York State by Maternal Race/Ethnicity and Nativity. Genet Med. 2013 Mar; 15(3):222-8.Epub 2012 Sep 27.
6. Oyeku SO, Driscoll MC, Cohen HW, Trachtman R, Pashankar F, Mullen C, Giardina PJ, Velazco N, Racine AD, Green NS. Parental and Other Factors Associated with Hydroxyurea Use for Pediatric Sickle Cell Disease.Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013 Apr; 60(4):653-8. Epub 2012 Nov 5
7.Wang WC, Oyeku SO, Luo Z, Boulet SL, Miller ST, Casella JF, Fish B, Thompson BW, Grosse SD; for the BABY HUG Investigators. Hydroxyurea Is Associated With Lower Costs of Care of Young Children With Sickle Cell Anemia. Pediatrics.2013 Sep 2. [Epub ahead of print]
8.Raphael JL, Oyeku SO. Sickle cell disease pain management and the medical home. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2013; 2013:433-8.
9. Developing a Unified Approach for Sickle Cell Disease. Supplement to American Journal of Preventive Medicine. Guest Editors: Suzette O. Oyeku, Jean L. Raphael, Cynthia H. Cassell and Mary M. Hulihan. Volume 51(1) Supplement 1. July 2016 https://www.ajpmonline.org/issue/S0749-3797(16)X0014-1?code=amepre-site
10. Faro EZ. Wang CJ. Oyeku SO. Quality of Care Indicator Development for Follow-up of Positive Screens for Sickle Cell Disease. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2016 Jul; 51(1 Suppl 1):S48-54
11.Frost JR, Cherry RK, Oyeku SO, Faro E, Crosby L, Britto M, Tuchman L, Horn I, Homer C, Jain A. Improving Sickle Cell Transitions of Care Through Health Information Technology. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2016 Jul;51(1 Suppl 1): S17-23
12. Homer CJ, Oyeku SO. Sickle Cell Disease: A Roadmap for Getting to Excellence Everywhere. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2016 Jul;51(1 Suppl 1): S3-4
13. Brown NM,Brown SN, Briggs RD, German M, Belamarich PF, Oyeku SO, Associations between adverse childhood experiences and ADHD diagnosis and severity. Academic Pediatrics 2017 May - Jun; 17(4):349-355
14.Fuller A, Messito MJ, Mendelsohn AL, Oyeku SO, Gross RS. Prenatal Material Hardships and Infant Regulatory Capacity at 10 Months Old in Low-Income Hispanic Mother-Infant Pairs. Acad Pediatr. 2018 Nov-December; 18(8):897-904; Epub 2018 May 2.
15. Crosby, LE, Walton, A, Shook, LM, Ware, RE, Treadwell, M, Saving, KL, Britto, M, Peugh, J, McTate, E, Oyeku, S, Nwankwo, C, & Brinkman, WB. Development of a Hydroxyurea Decision Aid for Parents of Children with Sickle Cell Anemia. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 2018 Jul 23. [Epub ahead of print]
16. Fuller A, Brown N, Grado L, Oyeku SO, Gross R. Material Hardships and Health Care Utilization among Low Income Children with Special Health Care Needs. Academic Pediatrics. 2019 Mar 8. pii: S1876-2859(18)30580-1 [Epub ahead of print]