The Department of Pathology has established a funding program to encourage residents and fellows to participate in clinical pilot research projects. Up to $2,000 will be awarded per research project, for projects of up to two years in duration. The newly-formed Clinical-Translational Research Committee will assist in the review of proposals, which may be submitted two times per year.
Committee members include attending physicians, Drs. Morayma Reyes Gil, Susan Fineberg, Amy Fox (Chair), Maja Oktay, James Pullman (Co-Chair), Moshe Sadofsky, Wendy Szymczak, and Louis Weiss. Residents and fellows will participate on the committee on a rotating basis.
Current Graduate Students
Proposals for a research funding should be submitted by November 1 in any given year, or by March 1 of the following year. In addition, ongoing applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Each project must include at least one faculty member.
Submit applications online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Montefiore Pathology Research Funding Application
Proposals must include:
- A one to two page summary for your proposal (not to exceed two pages);
- A brief and specific overview statement to engage the reader about what you do;
- Budget-specific funding requirements, including how the money will be utilized and a timeline (one page);
*A pre-project meeting with a statistician is advised and supported by the department. Please contact Yungtai Lo, PhD, at email@example.com or 718.430.8921.
Applications for funding may be submitted before receiving IRB approval, however proposals will not be considered without IRB approval.
Once a program is funded, it is strongly recommended that recipients:
- Present at a Works in Progress departmental meeting within six months of initiation;
- Attend a three-part clinical research lecture series that will cover topics including, IRB, appropriate use of tissue in research, and use of big data in clinical research.
An account will be set up in the recipient’s name to order against that fund. Money will not be awarded directly to the recipient.
Please contact Arlene Sepulveda at 718.920.2253 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any financial questions.